Sunday, June 24, 2012

Accessorizing

It's been a weird week and I haven't been very productive. I did find time to mess with Avignon's look a few days back and today I decided to get out my random pieces of discount jewelry to mess with Esyrlon and Theorin's accessories. When proper motivation returns I will be attempting to make Theorin real clothes, but for now he's just wearing.. neck things.

too lazy to go acquire natural lighting or even set up a backdrop. I've been cleaning the house and it's unbearably hot today so I just didn't feel like it.

Here they are from the front. Color correction makes Theorin look rather green around the face.

And the side (sort of). Theorin's hair is a mess. I didn't realize when I took the picture. Vaguely interesting story behind that: I ordered a custom wig for him because I had a certain length and color in mind but couldn't find the right sort of thing. I didn't want it to  have a defined part anywhere either. Anyway, I get said custom wig and despite having ordered it to fit a 9-10in. head, it won't even fit someone who wears an 8.

I don't know what method they used to make the wig, but it apparently involved plastic and some sort of adhesive. I had to pull out the wefts of hair from the weird adhesive stuff (which was black and goopy and not fun) and then I sewed them onto a new wig cap that I made. So after much work, I managed to get a wig that properly fit Theorin's head and is the right style. (I can't remember if I've mentioned this story here before but I don't think I have.)

Made the discovery that my Phonolus head fits on my Limhwa Mano body. Color isn't too far off either. If it didn't look too serene to be my Scileraen, I'd be sorely tempted just because I really love that head.

No comments:

Post a Comment