Wednesday, November 21, 2012

mod work

A long time ago, there was a failed attempt to find an alternative to getting two Nabarro Hars to play the parts of Auralion and Cailath, my Rogue and Priest twins from WoW. Given that the head was limited to 50 and finding one, let alone two, was proving to be rather impossible, I got this brilliant idea to acquire two Iplehouse Jessica heads as a substitute.

This was entirely based on one person's awesome pictures of their Iplehouse Jessica boy. And the fact that the nose reminded me of the kinds of noses Nabarro gives their sculpts.

Sadly, in person, these heads just didn't work out that well. I ended up modding one and turning it into my Aleksandr (who has been posted about here before). The other was tied up in a potential trade for months (because I originally intended to sell the spare) but then that fell through and I decided I would just turn the spare into Layne since I waffled on having the first one be him anyway and he and Alek are supposed to look a lot alike.



A few hours later I had something I was relatively pleased with. I started with the same mod I did on Alek, which was reducing the cheeks around the sides of the mouth to reduce the smirky look. ANd then I took in the rest of the cheeks more to define the cheekbones better and I altered the brow bones some and added an indent in the middle to make it appear more frowny. Could've just done that with blushing but I was just kinda in the zone and not thinking.

So anyway.. I decided to go ahead and jump into face ups at this point because I was fairly happy with it.

The result: zombie Orkas. He just didn't want to wear any of the wigs that were more appropriate for Layne and I don't have the right hair for him lying around. I happened to put on Orkas' wig and I felt like it worked the best out of anything I'd tried.

I'll probably keep him as Orkas and just add the scar and stuff. And make him look less like a zombie later. I was never 100% happy with Orkas, because I mainly got the first one because the head was cheap and I really wanted an Orkas. And I had no idea what I was doing at the time.

Right now, since Orkas' old head was Elfdoll Homme skin on a light tan Domuya body, his current incarnation is borrowing the spare spare. Which is an ancient Customhouse body that I modded a bunch. This will have to do until I can afford something that matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment