Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Cailath's new wig

I had this whole list of things I wanted to work on today and I ended up doing silly grown up stuff like cleaning instead.

But I did manage to find time to make Cailath a more character-appropriate wig. I might go in and work on it a bit more tomorrow because it's not quite as long in the front as I wanted. It's also a little more layered and fluffy but I just have too much fun with that...

I tried to get pictures of him by himself but he didn't want to cooperate until I shoved Aura in the picture with him, and then he only cooperated marginally better.


He does not photograph as well as I feel like he should. Obviously he has a lot to compete with but I quite like him irl and I don't feel like he looks as good in photos. But at least you can sort of get an idea of what his wig looks like now.

Tomorrow I hope to actually get around to properly finishing his eyelids (which right now are hastily carved in and painted over because I didn't feel up to redoing his face up at the time) but I will probably get distracted by some other project instead because that's kind of what I do.

Unrelated, but his hair looks more like 'cuddly anime protagonist' than 'assassin' but I guess that doesn't really matter since his hair (and the rest of his face) are covered when he's doing that sort of thing. If I ever get hyper ambitious I'll actually make him something resembling his hood and mask dealy. For now I will probably just focus on making him something passable and also modding his ears similar to Aura's.

I should also consider doing some body switches or dyeing his. Or possibly not using a color that doesn't match next time I airbrush his head to make his mods less obvious. But I don't imagine him being paler than Aura so I'll probably just stick with airbrushing that way and do something about the body. 

3 comments:

  1. LOL I totally didn't even see that he was on a WS body until you pointed it out XD

    Boo for being a grownup and doing the cleaning. That's what I did all day saturday so I feel your pain. Half my weekend, wasted by making my apt livable...wtf.

    I will never understand what will make some truly wonderful dolls just not photograph well. I don't know what it is, but I have the same issue with some of mine. In person they're perfect, and in photos I'm like "is that even the same doll?!" D:

    It usually discourages me from trying to photograph them at all (which is why you only see Alex I about once every year XD).

    They look so cute together though! Even if "cute" is not what they want to hear XD
    I am very intrigued by the outfit (hood and mask), I hope you can get around to making it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes he is and the match is downright awful but it's what I had to spare in the right size range. XD

      i'm sorry about your weekend! Cleaning is not the most fun but sadly necessary... I kept wanting to just put it off yesterday and work on more fun things but I couldn't seem to stop myself. XD Every time I said I was going to go ahead and take a break I would suddenly find myself cleaning again and wonder how that happened.

      But yes some dolls are crazy that way. I will love them in person and then in photos they will just look too stiff or off somehow or something. And then others can be falling over and misbehaving and they're still photogenic.

      It's funny that Alex I is less well behaved than the others. XD

      And thank you! I think they're cute. They're just gonna have to deal with it. XD I will have to attempt to motivate myself to make him his outfit at some point! For now I"ll probably have to stick with something I can reasonably construct so he might have to deal with something a little more simple.

      Delete
  2. Cool hair!

    ReplyDelete