Monday, April 23, 2012

new stuff


I got a few new things over the past couple weeks. First off was my Dollzone Moment, which was made possible by a loan from Selly (and in return I will be paying for her fancy new camera!) Win win situation there.

I'm not very good with MSDs and recently decided my last one was going to be up-sized to a small SD. Moment is at the moment the one exception to my SDs-only rule.

The next arrival was my Angelsdoll Baku, who is my re-shelling of Eskilys. He was one of my oldest bjds and one of the only ones I hadn't 'upgraded' since getting him. I feel like he looks much more like his character now (and he even fit the wig I had for his old head!) Now I just need to make him new goggles since the old ones don't fit.

And lastly, I upgraded Statik to small SD size. I got a really cheap, damaged Zaoll Luv head (complete with headback!) off of DoA. The head was originally a sleeping head, but the last owner had opened the eyes some. There also appear to be some sanding or scratch marks on the nose.

I further modded the eyes to try to give them a similar shape to my L-bi so that it might look something like a more grown up L-bi. I need to go in and add eyelids at some point, but I wasn't feeling up to the task today.

Last night I made him a new wig. The old one actually fit, but it was too short. It looks too puffy where the part is in the photo, but in person it smooths down nicer. I just tend to not notice ridiculous things like that until after I look at the pictures on the computer.

5 comments:

  1. Ooh I think the Luv makes a great grown up L-bi! What body do you have him on?? And Moment!! I love moment, my Roommate is getting an Anson so at least I'll get to see one in person. I can't wait to see what you do with yours. Any ideas yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D Right now he's on a Thaasa I body I modded from female to male.

      It's really handy having roommates who are also into dolls! I'm glad you'll get to see an Anson in person because Moment and Anson are so cool! I'm not really sure what to do with him yet. I had ideas but after seeing him in person they all seem inadequate...

      Delete
    2. Those are so skinny that's probably a good body for a Zaoll.

      Ugh, I think that would be my problem if I'd ended up getting one myself. They're so beautiful even blank....and then Poeticsoul has that one she drew on. I could never do anything half that amazing! I will probably be doing the faceup on my roommmate's, but she's giving it to a friend who paints with airbrush to do the petals first. Eventually, when she has it. Which will still be awhile. I'm excited for yours, be sure and post when you get some thougts! :D

      Handy yes, but we enable each other too much! lol

      Delete
    3. Yep yep! I saw a picture of the two side by side and they seemed to be similarly sized enough that it wouldn't be a problem.

      Oh yes, Poeticsoul did an amazing job with her Anson! I don't have any plans that ambitious, but certainly by comparison they will seem dull no matter what. XD I'll definitely post pictures when I get some ideas or make progress on my Moment though!

      Delete