Wednesday, April 30, 2014

face up: Avelarion

I attempted Avelarion's face up today. I wanted to do something more exciting and dramatic than his previous one. Sadly that is not something I have a lot of practice with and just about every time I attempt a more dramatic face up I end up hating it. I've tried a number of times on Esyrlon and it never works out.

I got through the first layer of blushing and was pretty sure it wasn't going to work out but I decided to keep going anyway. I regret that decision. I'm not great with cameras so I can't pick up all the details but they're not really worth seeing.

It was much more readily apparent in natural lighting so perhaps if I don't decide to wipe it by tomorrow I can attempt to get pictures of that. But no promises. I'm going to leave it for now to see if it grows on me, but I definitely don't love it like I did Istthraen's.

I think a lot of the issue is how much I defined his lips. I'm usually pretty vague with that and I'm not sure what I was thinking when I did that.

I'm kind of okay with it if I hold his hair down so it lays closer to the sides of his head. He's this odd combination of more pretty and more severe than he used to be and I'm not sure how I feel about it. It doesn't help that he has weird eyes that usually look black with light centers. He looks pretty pleasant in all the pictures I took but in person he looks kinda scary. I guess I'll see how I feel after a few days or if I can even make it that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment