Tuesday, May 6, 2014

I'm sure you're all quite sick of this by now

Even though I liked my last attempt better than the first (sort of), I still wasn't happy with Avelarion and since he's one of my favorite characters I decided I just could not ignore the issue and pretend things were okay. I just didn't enjoy looking at him and I kept trying to come up with reasons why but in the end it was actually the yellows.

His face was too yellow and it just kept making me think it looked unhealthy so this time I decided I was going to use mostly reds and pinks with a little bit of blue and yellow and do way less contour blushing.

Here is a picture of just the head outside before i got around to gloss and such. Mainly here because I couldn't get a decent detail shot indoors. I need to set up an area with good, controlled lighting.


 This time I am finally ACTUALLY happy with it instead of just trying to convince myself I am. I want to try to rig up some other way of attaching his crest, in fact, because I will not be able to remove it without ruining his face up if I just hot glue it on like I normally do.

Also at some point I really need to finish smoothing out his hands and airbrushing them to match him. And I need to move past prototype stage on his ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment