Thursday, May 21, 2015

I had another post started...

And then a package arrived and I ran off to get it and then I spent something like six hours rearranging furniture and troubleshooting my computer and I lost my progress. Not that I'd made much.

I've been sort of re-evaluating things (that seems to be the case a lot lately) and I'm thinking of selling a lot of dolls. There are several I just never do anything with and whose characters aren't really essential to their group. I'm debating on some but others I'm fairly certain I just won't really do much with.

I was actually debating a bit whether I still had any interest in the SD size over the past few days. I've just been enjoying the smaller ones a lot more lately.

This morning I actually went and took pictures of a lot of my larger dolls and was contemplating setting up sales on DoA, but then I decided I wanted to attempt to make a weird sort of wig for head2 that got a face up yesterday so I figured I could put off sales threads for a while.

Well, wig making kind of turned things around for me and reminded me that I do enjoy my larger dolls. I haven't had any real direction or inspired ideas for them in a while and this was the first time I had something in mind that I really wanted to see realized. And while the results aren't perfect, I enjoyed the process and I think the result is kind of neat!

I probably just need to buckle down and design some clothes or hairstyles for a few of those awaiting such things. It would probably up my enjoyment factor significantly.


It's uh... something like a scene mullet crossbred with a faux hawk. I'm not really sure. It's probably the most unconventional hairstyle I have ever given to a doll. I kind of hated it at first just because it wasn't quite lining up with my mental vision, but it's grown on me. I'm now debating whether this is going to be a boy or a girl. Or maybe some sort of androgynous being. I don't know. I haven't made up my mind yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment