Sunday, May 10, 2015

tiny clothing

At some point I just need to buckle down and sew more often because I never let myself get comfortable enough with it to really improve much. But it's intimidating--especially in doll size. People clothes are easy. There's so much room for error. 1/6 size clothes... well, you mess up a tiny bit and the whole thing is completely non-functional.

I was going to just buy something for little Vaith, but I couldn't find anything in his style. I was really tempted to just get something cute and generic, but I finally decided to look at patterns and tutorials online to give making something myself a go before investing in something that wouldn't quite work for him (but would be darn cute).

Found a few patterns for hoodies (cuz I had it in my head that he needed a hoodie) and set about attempting to make one. It was supposed to be some easy tutorial for making one and I thought it'd be a great way to sort of wade back into sewing. Well, I messed up at pretty much every turn and ended up having to make it the normal way you'd make a shirt instead of the easy way.

On the one hand, this proves that I actually can sew (which I always doubt when making doll size things) but on the other hand he now doesn't have a hood because I botched that part so badly I ended up just going with a collar. I messed up a bit there too and it's huge and he looks like the love child of Sith and Akatsuki fashion design.


Running out the door to visit my mom for mother's day before work so I didn't have much time to take better pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment