Wednesday, May 20, 2015

I really need to stop being lazy about setting up the tripod

I decided I wanted to work on some face ups today. Not really for anything in particular but just for practice.

Was trying to decide who I wanted to practice on when I happened upon my L-bi, who has never actually had a proper face up since I got him. He came from Yahoo!Japan with a partially done face up and all I ever did was give him eyebrows in the right color for the characters I used him for.

So I decided I wanted to do his face. And then I also decided while I was at it I would screw around with my modded Iplehouse Jessica head that used to be Orkas.

He came out a little more sunburnt looking than I wanted, but I'll redo it another time. For now it is at least semi functional. I had him in this blonde wig I made when his new body arrived but I just didn't ever really like it. It was a bit too fluffy for his head.

I was pondering making something else when I remembered that I had planned to make him my new Nazoe. So I dug out Nazoe's wig (which has transitioned multiple times in size, starting as a size 9/10, then modded down to a 7/8, and now down to a 6/7) and took that in to fit his little head. I'm much happier with this than I was with the blonde.

It looks a bit like one of the default L-bi wigs if I recall correctly. XD

And next up I was just screwing around. No idea what on earth I wanted to do with the other head cuz it's pretty much a spare and I did all these mods to it and also crushed part of it between a desk and a wall so I don't think it really has any resale value to speak of. But I don't know what I want to do with it. So I guess it's a practice head now. I dont' know. Might go back to my old old plan of making it into Layne.

But that is neither here nor there.

I was mostly just messing around with blushing and shading. And then I decided I wanted to go for the no eyebrows look like Lisbeth Salander or something. I dunno. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Not sure what sort of wig I want to use though so for now there's some baldness action going down.

Possibly something white or black and very spikey. I dunno.

5 comments:

  1. I like the no-eyebrow look. Especially lately for some reason. Maybe because I keep thinking of buying another DT Rian and making it Marilyn Manson....he doesn't have eyebrows.....

    Your L-bi is so cute!! I kind of like the "sunburnt" look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has really grown on me lately as well. I used to think it was such a strange look. XD That would be really cool though! I'm sure you'd do an awesome job with that!

      Thank you! I"m much happier with him now than I was before and I'm not sure why it took me um.. 8 and a half years to get around to giving him a face up??? I think that's a record for me.

      Delete
    2. 8 and half years sounds like a record! Makes me feel better about leaving poor Benedict blank. Which he still is. I need a large block of time to work on him I just don't have....he's still fun blank. But after that long finally getting him one is an accomplishment!! So yay!

      Delete
    3. Yep! You have quite a while to go before you are anywhere near as negligent as I am in the face up department!

      Delete
    4. XD Now I have a new goal!!!

      Delete