Tuesday, December 11, 2012

an unsuccessful evening of attempting to airbrush

I managed to color match the ears but I messed up on the face multiple times. Normal sealant and airbrush sealant were both giving me issues so the face up itself came out splotchy. I re-did it twice but finally gave up and just sealed it and put the head on a body because it's late and I didn't have time to redo it again and didn't want to leave him blank overnight.

Also his wig turned out much paler after the boiling. I'm used to wigs getting a little more dull after this treatment, but I was a little surprised at how light it was. Oh well. It's only a temp. It's way too wonky looking to be permanent.


Despite being out of focus, this shot was the only one I liked. Possibly because it's hard to see all the things that went wrong with the face up. And partly because I like the way the hair drapes in this one. Tomorrow after work I may give the face up another go. We'll see how it goes and if I feel up to dealing with the frustration.

When I do the official version of Aura's wig, I think I'll do it the way I draw it, with the part being off-center. One can't really tell where the part is in this picture, but it's in the center and I don't really like how it looks from the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment