Sunday, June 22, 2014

arrrrrghhhhh

I was messing around with Elaria's wig last night and decided I wanted to try to re-style just one tiny part of it, and I thought maybe it was small enough to do it on an ultra low setting with the flat iron (because on occasion that works out okay) but it made the ends all frizzy, so I had to break out the boiling water. And I decided to just dip the one part to get rid of the frizz because pouring it over it wasn't working....

And then half the wig fell in the water and so the whole front part is awful now and I am having such a hard time trying to fix it and it's horrible and frustrating and I'm tempted to just get her a new wig because it was a dumb cheap one anyway... but uuugh. Just so annoyed at the whole situation.

4 comments:

  1. Oh crap I hate it when wig mods go bad :( that sucks!!

    Half my wig box is full of failed wig-mod experiments, I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry that you are familiar with this particular brand of pain. I might spend some more time with the wig tomorrow since I have the day off and see if I can't get it functioning again.

      If that fails then it's off to buy a new one..

      Delete
    2. Yep. One of the reasons I have nine-million blond wigs XD
      I went through a phase where I wanted a shorter-than-shoulder-length straight, blond wig parted on the left for Alex...I couldn't find one so I had to mod. Every one I boiled went to hell. I finally got a Monique one I only had to cut not boil.

      Good luck with the wig, I hope it turns out!

      Delete
    3. Haha well I'm glad you were able to find something that would work without excessive styling! That's my main problem with just replacing this thing is that I'm struggling with finding something that won't require a lot of styling to do what this one already does... or did.

      Delete