Monday, June 16, 2014

contemplating some things and random photos


I've been giving a lot of thought to my collection and what I want to keep around and what I want in the future. I have a lot of dolls on my wishlist, but only a few of them are actual dolls I plan to get. The rest are pretty much just "if I win the lottery I am getting all of these".

As always happens when I either get a new doll I love or finally get someone set up the way I want them to be, I sort of re-evaluate what it is I'm doing and why I have certain dolls. There are some I'm just not happy with as-is. There are some I almost feel obligated to keep for either sentimental reasons or because I really want to have their character 'shelled'.

The first thing that really jumped out at me was Orkas. His head works but it's not perfect. I mean. It technically has everything I want but it doesn't elicit the response I want it to.It could be that he needs more mod work or a new face up or something, but I decided to go ahead and get an Elfdoll Vivien head because that was what I initially was considering before I decided to mod the head to have a similar expression sort of.

Another recurring problem doll is Avignon. She definitely needs a new face up. And a proper wig. I thought about trying to make the current one work by retconning the story she's from but that's just not working for me because it goes against my mental image of her. So I need to find something in a style that at least works a little bit.  Stupidly, my argument against selling her is that she has custom made clothing. Of course, the other issue is actually getting her to sell. I tried once and no one was interested after something like four months of thread bumping.

Shinozaki probably just needs a new face up. So I'm not too worried there.

I'll probably finally break down and get Andael a longer wig if I can. I just always pictured him with like chin length hair and his barely reaches his eyebrows in the front.

Defliel needs a new face up and I think I'll be fine with him.

And I think if I can get Orkas fixed I won't have any problems with Eskilys or Id. But I've always posed and photographed the three of them together a lot so it's hard to enjoy the other two as much when Orkas isn't working.

I'm still on the fence about my Souldoll Chiron head. Right now it's airbrushed grey and on my Impldoll Triton body. It's so smirky in person. I'm not sure if that works for what I want to do and then I was waffling on potentially using him for Malesar or for the Psiioniic. And really I just have no idea what I want to do with him but I'm not sure if I want to sell him or not.

I have a Dollstown Seola7 head that's been sitting in my doll clothing drawer for ages now. I had almost forgotten about it ever since Statik stole the Thaasa body he was on. I wish the head was smaller so I could get an MSD body for it or something, but it's as large as my SDs (I originally had the larger Seola head but it was just too big). I just don't know if I'll ever get another body for him and he always felt so out of place with everyone else but I got the head out for potential sales photos and he's so cute... ARRGH. >_O

I'm relatively happy with everything else. If I do sell my Seola7 head I think I will use one of my Unoa face plates to remake his character in a smaller size. Once I can actually buy a body that will hybrid properly with them that is.

I kind of like that idea actually. One of the reasons I've been less than motivated to get another body is because I'm not sure what I'd do with them if I did. I'm not as heavily into Air Gear as I was at the time so making them into Akito/Agito again feels like a big expense. And Statik was the second character I used my L-bi head for and he's grown up into a Zaoll boy now, so that's also not an option. So having a specific character is actually good. I'll give it more thought before deciding to sell my Seola head.

Oh yeah. And I got a picture of the Rabi head that came with the body I got for baby Sollux.


2 comments:

  1. It's so cutes!! I need to not go look at them. I swore no more anthros (even though I have two more now) and I keep wanting all the bunnies I see D:

    You have a large project list there sir. Hopefully some of them can come to a conclusion. There is nothing worse than a doll that just won't work out. Especially if you're totally determined to make it work.

    I don't know how you feel about Dollmore's Kid body, but it's regularly used as a substitute for Unoa. So is MNF. I can't think of any others off the top of my head....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't have any plans for the head so if you had a use for it I'd just give it to you. I feel bad just letting it collect dust since it's cute but I don't know what I'd use it for. And I don't really frequent any doll forums aside from DoA so I have no idea where I could find someone who wanted it.

      The project list is probably going to result in a lot of heads ending up for sale. XD And by a lot I mean... probably 2? I'm a little sad about it but I think my Seola head just won't end up with a body again.

      I actually really like the idea of the Dollmore Kid body! I saw a hybrid using that once and I really liked it. I considered the MNF angle at one point but they tend to be more costly and I think the build of the Dollmore body suits the sort of character I'd be going for better. If some heads sell I will try to make myself use the proceeds to work on some of the projects listed above as well as body acquisitions. Must not give in to impulse purchases.

      Delete