Saturday, June 28, 2014

attempted photoshoot

I've been hanging out in the tumblr bjd community more because I tend to be very timid about posting on DoA. I'm still very timid about posting on tumblr... but anyway. I saw a few people doing this "how has your photography improved?" meme and thought it might be kind of neat to try to recreate an oooold photo to do a comparison.


I'm inclined to say that the most drastic improvement is in my ability to do face ups and style wigs. XD My photography is still 90% fumbling around attempting to make a point and click camera that is marginally better than a phone camera work. I saw an interesting photo tutorial on tumblr about using redirected flash to take decent pictures in poorly lit areas but it comes out very yellowy every time and my camera only has a few different settings for white balance, none of which really help.

I did attempt to do a proper photoshoot that way because I went ahead and drew in Orkas' scar last night and I think it helps. Attempted to also get proper photos of Avignon and Shinozaki and ended up deciding I hate Shino's new face up.


Avignon and Aura got some reasonably nice (if very 80s textbook) photos out of the deal. I have a fetish for garlands and may have put like 5 of them in as a backdrop for these photos.

3 comments:

  1. Ha I was wondering what the background was!! I honestly couldn't tell if it was real or outside in some awesome awesome part of your yard and I was going to have to be really jealous because my yard SUCKs lol. That was a long sentence.

    I agree with you that your biggest improvement is definitely the styling and face ups of the dolls. Posing is better too. It's really impressive! *claps*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish my backyard was that awesome! That would be super great and I would be out there all the time! Alas, I don't have a back yard. I live in an apartment and we kind of have poorly maintained bushes near the side of the house XD Nothing worth a photo shoot. I'm sorry your yard sucks though! That is quite sad!

      Thank you! XD The first picture is really embarrassing! I really had no idea what I was doing back then!

      Delete
    2. Right? It would make a cool backyard! Mine is just grass and weeds....though the crappy fake brick siding is coming off the scary shed/homeless guy shelter and underneath the wood is kinda cool. It would make a decent backdrop I think....

      XD Did any of us?! My older pics are so bad they mysteriously disappeared. Meaning I hid them away from all eyes forever...

      Delete