Friday, June 27, 2014

face up: Shinozaki

Orkas's new head is growing on me. Of course, after I manage to order the open eyed version. I guess I'll just have to see how things go.

The humidity here has been awful. It's been raining on and off for over a week now. Horrible weather for face ups. But of course this is the time that I finally feel motivated to do them. Go figure.

Today's victim was Shinozaki. He didn't have the worst face up out of the bunch, but it was one I just wasn't happy with at all despite there being nothing really wrong with it.

His eyebrows aren't done yet. I'm really unsteady with paintbrushes so I tend to just use colored pencils for that sort of thing, and with the humidity being like it is, it takes a while for the sealant to dry enough that I can add lines to them without scratching it off.

So those will exist later. For now, this is what he looks like:

I think I put the eyebrows too high up. I have this tendency to do that because I want to put them along the brow bone. I guess technically eyebrows start beneath that point but it's really hard to remember that every time I'm trying to shade them in.

He looks a lot more pleasant than he probably should. But I guess this could pass for his neutral face. It was stupid windy out so his hair wouldn't cooperate either.

In case you didn't believe me about the wind. Photographic evidence.

Overall, I like it better than I liked his old face up. It's a bit dirty in spots because dust magically settles after I have carefully checked for it before spraying... sometimes I can get the little dust bunnies out but sometimes when I try to it just scratches off the face up and ruins everything. So I'm just going to live with it. It's not horribly visible indoors.

2 comments:

  1. lol wiiiiinnnnnndddd XD

    Honestly, I sometimes think dust comes out of the spray!! I have that happen all the time, I hate it when I'm SURE there's no lint, and the I spray and there's a ton of lint. My roommate laughs at me all the time because I will actually be screaming about stupid lint....

    So far the face up looks great! I am way behind, so it's possible the finished version has been posted already D:

    I still love the wind pic XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss so much wind!

      Hm... you may be on to something there! It just has such a strange way of getting dust mixed in with the sealant.. So glad to hear I am not the only one plagued by the lint! It's so frustrating!

      Thank you very much! I decided I just really wasn't pleased with the eyebrows so I am about to redo them. Very careful wiping and re-sealing so as not to mess up anything else... but then if I still am not entirely happy I guess I will have to start from scratch.

      Thank you! XD I thought it was kinda neat! Too bad there wasn't a more dramatic backdrop for it!

      Delete