Monday, August 20, 2012

bonding issues

So after dyeing Shino and redoing his face (twice) I just wasn't feeling the same attachment to him as I did before. Last night I decided to chill with him for a while to see if I couldn't either figure out what was wrong or sort of re-attach.

Anyway, it was just making me more and more frustrated and I just didn't want to be anywhere near him and I couldn't figure it out. Finally, I realized I just wasn't liking the eyebrows on his face up because I didn't feel like they meshed with his overall expression. So I removed his head immediately and set it aside to make sure I wouldn't forget to redo it today.

After a long day of family gatherings and job applications I set to work on redoing his face.

Here we have a 'lovely' photo of him in my room shortly after the face up was completed. (You can see a brush and a pencil sticking out of my chopped up peroxide bottle full of rice that acts as my brush and pencil holder for face up time!)

I'd promise natural lighting photos tomorrow but I almost always break that promise so I'll just say that I'll try to get better pics at some point. But so far I like the eyebrows better.

I also made Loki some pants. While they end up looking like capris when he sits (because I didn't want to make them overly long and mess up the way his future boots would fit) I feel like they are the most well-constructed pair of pants I've made in doll size. (Which isn't so much a glowing review of their craftsmanship as it is a decidedly UN-glowing review of my normal pants-making capabilities).

No pics of those but there will be pictures as I progress into the other parts of his outfit.

EDIT: There was a request for pants pics...



No comments:

Post a Comment