Tuesday, August 21, 2012

silly things

Today I finally broke down and got new Testor's Dullcote. I was just ignoring the issue for a bit because the airbrush was doing fine, but airbrushed sealant scratches off easier and after finally getting Shino a look I'm okay with I didn't want it to scratch off. So I grabbed a handy dandy 40% off coupon and headed to Michael's!

I came home and gave him and Statik a layer of Testor's sealing and re-glossed lips and eyelids. And then I decided to modify a coat for winter! I have a red wool coat (I like red) but it was too small on me before, but now it fits and I wanted to be able to wear it this winter. Was a bit plain though. No embellishments or anything. So I added some goldish sleeve... things. Um... see the picture. I also replaced all the buttons. That you can't really see in the picture.. because my batteries were dying and the camera didn't want to get a clear shot for some reason.

(The subtitle says it's a modification/customization blog focusing primarily on bjds. Not exclusively.)
Now you can see what I meant about the sleeve thingy. It didn't have anything there. Just a plain sleeve ending. I cut out some spare fabric from the inside of the coat where it wouldn't be missed to make the little red ... doodad that holds the gold strap in place. 

And I got a few new pictures of Shino. Not in natural lighting, but I feel like they came out better than yesterday's picture.

 Too bright. But you can see his face up okay.

And too dark. But.. I liked the composition. Sorta. XD I don't even know. I fail at getting an in-between setting on my camera.

2 comments:

  1. I actually prefer the lighter shot of Shino because I think it does fabulous things for his facial structure! Also because he looks creepy and you know I like creepy. Even when said creepy needs to visit a vat of acid on occasion. Still it's been long enough that I have to actively remind myself about Lyric to stay mad at Shino, and even then, it's more of a goofy kind of mad that's more fun to joke about. Then again... thinking about that makes me feel terribly for Lyric. Oh man!

    Also that coat looks hella rad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woo creepy! Thanks though! He has pretty kickin facial structure IMO. He's the best purchase I ever made that I didn't really want XDD

      Shino's defense is that, chronologically speaking, the events you're mad at him for haven't taken place yet. It's not much, but it's all he's got.

      Delete