Sunday, August 5, 2012

the quest for tiny eyelets

To make Esyrlon's cloth 'gauntlets' (in WoW, those exist. so.. that's what I'm calling them) the way I'd drawn them in the concept sketch I needed some tiny eyelets. Sadly, the fabric store didn't have any that were even close to small enough, so I was seriously considering finding another way to make them because I'm impatient.

But Selly suggested I look online, and even though I didn't want to wait on something to ship I went along with this. I figured a quick google search wouldn't hurt. Maybe someone would know where to buy some in person. And sure enough, someone did! I came across a forum where someone suggested that people looking for tiny eyelets should try the scrapbooking sections in craft stores.

So I did that today and they did indeed have tiny eyelets!

Shown here in as close to actual size as I could get them. They're still slightly bigger than the real thing, but it gives somewhat of an idea of how big they really are. To my eye, they are the perfect size. Or at least small enough not to seem drastically out of scale with a doll.

And here we have a picture of the properly eyeletted cloth gauntlets. I'm quite glad that I didn't take the easy way out because I feel like they look really nice all laced up! They've really saved the outfit for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment