Monday, August 13, 2012

the last flight of Icarus

lol dramatic title for random crap.

I've been on an inspirational low for a bit. Partly because I got discouraged working on Esyrlon's outfit and even when I was happier with it, that negativity was still there in the background. And then part of it was just that I was going nonstop last month and wore myself out. And then real life got stressful and I was exhausted.

But this isn't a blog about my life.

I got this wig ages ago and it was sort of a curly mullet. Straight hair all around on top and in the back it was long and wavy. I tried to straighten it with a flat iron years and years ago, and it came out a total mess. So I decided to try to salvage it with boiling water. I'm relatively pleased with the results. It can actually be worn with the part on either side. If I part it the other way he's rocking the Flock of Seagulls cut sorta.

Aleksandr is modeling this wig, but I will probably save it for Layne. They are supposed to look shockingly similar so I was sorely tempted to just turn Alek into Layne. But... we'll see. 

Also did more mod work on Loki and re-did his face up. I'm happier with it this time but wish I hadn't blushed the nose quite so intensely. XD I may fix that another time, but for now I'm just glad it's looking better than before in a general sense. 

And now for the reason I gave this the title I did. Here is my ex-Ikyras, an IoS Garsh. He has been up for sale for ages and I thought I'd give him a new face up in the hope that he will sell better. For now I have crappy pictures because it's dark but tomorrow I will try to get some natural lighting shots.

2 comments:

  1. It's such a shame Garsh isn't working for Ikky because he's seriously such a handsome guy and it's a shame to see him go. Especially considering I think you trying to shell him as Ikky has cursed him! (Ikky is like a plague or something. :( Poor Ikky!) I really love the eyebrows you gave him because I have a fetish for sharply done eyebrows like that. They're so hot. Man oh man. He's so rad. >.> I might have to steal him. You know, with monies. I just love that face, though. He just looks so hella rad. And his hair is so good! And man oh man, so cool. xD I've been really liking some of the more style-ized sculpts lately and while Garsh is kinda both realistic and style-ized, he just looks so cool with that face up. *-*

    Also I don't think you over blushed Loki's nose, and I really think once his hair is tamed he'll be absolutely stellar. He already looks so fucking rad. :D I can't wait to pose him with Aeri and then immediately fall to the ground in orgasmic bliss because my life will be complete!

    Also that red wig is seriously cool and it makes me want to make an adorable red head lady and steal it from you like a dick. :v But it also looks super rad on him. Poor Alek though! Won't this be the second time you've scrapped him? And he's so adorable! And... I have no idea who the hell Layne is! So, solidarity with Alek! (JK, if you wanna make him the mysterious Layne I won't judge. xD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahahaha well as I said I'd be happy to let you have him for a wee break on rent monies! I wasn't selling him for as much as some of those intensely mad priced IoS dudes and I was selling him to make money for rent anyway XD

      And if you're happy with Loki's nose then I am! That's what matters since I'm doin this for you :D

      Haha well if I do decide to make him Layne you can has the red wig XD lol. Come to think of it I'm not sure I ever talked too much about Layne but oh god I have the second most random stories written about him after Doppelganger and Esky. They're kinda tied. He's a huge part of the reason Vasily is so rabidly insane. XD drama. derp.

      Delete