Friday, August 3, 2012

mods for Selly

Aeri (Selly's Zaoll Luv) represents an OC of hers from an Avengers fanfic she's writing. Aeri is paired with Loki, so obviously she needed him in doll form as well!

Sadly the custom order for a Loki head was full, so we went off in search of another mold that could probably pull off Loki! When making a mockup for Loki's wig, I tried it on Esky and Selly decided that Angelsdoll's Baku (which is the mold Esky is) worked pretty well for Loki.

So she ordered her own and he arrived a couple days ago.

 Here is the head in its default state, shortly after his arrival.

And here are the markings I made to tell myself where to mod him to make the structure more similar to Loki's in the movie.

I'm not done sanding things smooth yet, but this is how he looks now. I'm waiting on the epoxy to fully cure so that I can smooth everything out and give him a face up.

Realized the edges of the eyes weren't making a smooth enough transition into the rest of the face so I added more epoxy.

3 comments:

  1. LOL OH GOD FROM FRONT ON THE UN-MODDED HEAD KINDA REMINDS ME OF HARVEY DENT 3.0 (WHY ARE THEY EVERYWHERE)

    Also ahaha, you were not kidding about how crazy he looked with markings before. He looks like he's auditioning to be in a metal band!

    But oh god, his cheekbones now are the purest of sex. And you really did change the eyeshape spectacularly. I love him, omgomgomgomg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. derpage.. I replied to myself instead of to you.

      Transcript:

      hahaha yes! WEll you can never have too many Harvey Dents. And that's a fact. I BELIEVE IN LOKI LAUFEYSON.

      And yeah, I told you. He was pretty metal for a while there! Loki Explosion? derp a derp. XDD

      Thanks so much, I'm glad you approves!! :D

      Delete
    2. You keep outdoing yourself because the updated picture looks EVEN BETTER. I know I said this last night, but I relooked at it again to give me some happy note to go off to work on and it just PSYCHS ME UP SO MUCH WHEEEEE

      Delete