Friday, March 23, 2012

casting eyes in hot glue

Originally posted: June 3, 2009, 18:19

I modified my glowing eye design by making a mold and using hot glue for the eyes.

I don't think I showed any pictures of my last attempt at casting eyes in hot glue. In fact, I'm almost certain I didn't. But I did spend hours hot gluing into an eye-shaped mold and mixing in colors to make weird designs.

Some of them came out pretty cool (I thought) but since hot glue tends to be translucent, they were ending up looking really dark when placed inside a head.. I also really liked some where I did a combination of red and gold swirls so I decided I wanted to acquire colored hot glue sticks and try this again a different way.

This time, for the 'whites' of the eyes I used red hot glue and for the center I used the clear with some gold paint! I made probably a dozen or more of these, but these two were my favorites!

It's kinda hard to get a close up of something that small without it looking weird..

No comments:

Post a Comment