Monday, March 26, 2012

wig modding and more faceups

Scileraen is one of my bjds that I really struggle to properly bond with. I think he has a lot of potential and when I do take the time to try to make him work I feel really attached, but it's one of those cases where I got a mold because I saw potential in it, but what I wanted required a lot of modding. And I'm impatient when I first get a new doll and often just want to enjoy looking at them rather than spend ages sanding them.

So I did some quick mods on him but then left things alone aside from that. I'm hoping to get some more serious stuff done sometime this week, but for now I re-did his face and wig (which is always a huge pain). This time I decided that rather than attempt to assault it with hair glue I would try styling it more permanently by arranging strands and pouring boiling water over them so that they'd stay in that position better.

Hair is still drying, so we'll see how it works out for real later. It has potential to work for what I want though.


2 comments:

  1. I love Scilly's smirk. It makes him look so confident and stuff. :D Really dinging his eyebrows too and the shading for his nose and between his brows! It's a shame that facial structure isn't actually there. >: THAT'S WHY YOU CAN MOD HIM THOUGH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know for sure if I'll go in and try to do the ANGRY EYEBROWS, but I know I want to do the cheeks.

      Oddly enough, I'm not sure Scilly's the most confident guy ever. He's determined and very set on his course of action, but ..

      Anyway, thank you! :D

      Delete