Friday, March 23, 2012

sewing project cont.: discouraged

Originally posted: March 17, 2012, 15:49
So today I tried that whole fixing Esyrlon's outfit deal. And there is so much of the fabric and it's so floppy that things got messed up and it's not the same on both sides and I can sort of get it to work if I pin it in the back (so I'm thinking maybe if I take it in in the back it'll be awkwardly functional..)
I mean it's doll clothing and it was designed to be impractical (the sleeves are almost long enough for my arms, for example) so it's not a huge deal if it's rigged up oddly as long as it looks okay. I would LIKE for it to look okay and function properly but... I'll live if it can only do one.
It looked ridiculous with the under-pajama dealy once it was 'fixed' so I just removed that from the picture because I was super frustrated and about five seconds away from doing something drastic like shredding everything.
I think I'll just do the hanging doodads and butt capes and forget about modesty. But I'll probably do those either later when I've calmed down or tomorrow. Or... something. I will let this be a lesson to myself to stop looking for shortcuts and experimenting with things that deviate from my master plan.




No comments:

Post a Comment