Friday, March 23, 2012

sculpting hands

Originally posted: June 12, 2010, 02:07
I did this drawing of what I imagined a humanoid Al'ar to look like. I have since embarked upon a quest to make Al'ar in bjd form. The only thing that I am not satisfied with is his hands, which I drew as these super elongated things that taper off into what I imagined to be feathers.
Months of brainstorming later, I still don't know how on earth to go about making feather fingers, but I'm not opposed to the idea of just having something that looks similar to the drawing. So at around 4am, I pulled out two wooden beads that are roughly the size of his wrist joints, some super sculpey, and some wire.

Today I finished getting the basics of the left hand done. They need some tweaking and smoothing out, but I'm relatively pleased with them.

I couldn't make the fingers any longer without them being too fragile. As it is, I'm a little terrified of the idea of so much as moving him while he's wearing them. Perhaps if I acquire some excess funds I'll attempt to cast them so as to avoid damaging the only ones I have.




No comments:

Post a Comment