Friday, March 23, 2012

sewing project cont.: perseverance

Originally posted: March 18, 2012, 04:07
After spending a long time watching Scrubs and trying to forget about my horrible sewing failure this morning, during a talk with (read: rant to) Selly I finally got an idea for how to fix things. So we ran off to the store to get a seam ripper (because somehow both of mine got lost in the move. Which is actually really sad because I stole one of those from my mom and have been using it since I was pretty young..)
Anyway, I was able to fix the undersized sleeve with a hideous patch, but it's the under side of the sleeve and the side that wraps under so it won't show. And as I said before... what matters is the visual. If you can't have the whole package deal, that is. But we've already established that I can't.

I do not know what went wrong here. Taking photos under the same lighting conditions as earlier but somehow this was super un-cooperative and Esyrlon looks like a zombie or something.
Not the point though. So um... I fixed the sleeve. Then I took in the inner layer so it wouldn't interfere with how things worked as much. I neatened up the collar some and hand-embroidered some weird little swirlies on it to sort of add a bit of flavor to it. It looked really plain still, so I grabbed my pliers and modified the mini-necklaces Esyrlon was wearing into one piece and added the little red dangly pieces so a bit more was going on there.
The over the shoulder dealy I mentioned before came out more like a cross between a stole and a scarf. Which is a better spawnling than the poncho/yukata mix. In my opinion. Overally, I'm much happier with things than I was. It's still ... I like the outfit but I'm not sure I can see it as everyday wear. Maybe without the stole/scarf.
Still need to make the belt. and I'm not sure if I still feel that butt capes are necessary. Will have to contemplate this.
Off to sleep for now! Goodnight!






No comments:

Post a Comment