Friday, March 23, 2012

ramble about body switching and Id's mods (Volks SwD Piccolo)

Originally posted: March 1, 2012, 18:14
Where to begin...
Well it probably all started when I decided Defliel's original head didn't mesh well with Ezsphrein's. After that I began this move toward getting less stylized heads for most of my bjds. And you all know this already so I don't really need to go on about that, but I will say that I was left with one head in need of replacing. And that was Matthew's. And I really liked his head but it just didn't fit with anyone else he would be likely to hang out with so I was hoping to replace it at some point.
Anyway, that's difficult when one isn't exactly rolling on dough. There's a trade involved with a head I've been trying to sell for like ... forever now. And a lot of forum browsing for a head with a similar expression and such.
Anyway, Matthew got a new head today. Which I think is going to work out well. The expression and eye shape are almost identical to his previous head (which is stupdendous) and it's from Souldoll so it's about 1/10 the size. Okay not really. But it's a lot smaller. But it was in white skin. And Matthew's body is not white skin. Such minor details don't really deter me for some reason.
I decided that the head I was using for Iyrilaeth (which has never been mentioned here) wasn't really working for me. It wasn't quite perfect and I felt like I was settling for it just because I had it in hand and wanted something new and exciting. So I took that off the body it was occupying and tried Matthew's new head on there, and that was not working because that body is 70cm and a little too broad in the shoulders for the new head. So I stole Esyrlon's body and tried him on there and that was a much better fit, but Esyrlon is supposed to be slender and small and he wasn't really working that image on a 70cm body either.
So that left me in a bit of a pickle. I wanted something that worked well for Matthew, but I have a limited selection of white skin bodies. After a series of aggravated heavy sighs and staring around the room helplessly, I finally noticed Ezsphrein, who also has the whole white skin thing going on.
I popped his head on the 70cm body, and was a little iffy at first. But once he had his hair and clothes back on I rather liked it. I think he seems happy with the height increase, and now his clothes aren't way too big on him (because they were intended for a 70cm body but I liked them too much and they were too good a deal so I got them even though they didn't fit perfectly). Anyway, that allowed me to put Esyrlon back on his original body and put Matthew on Ezsphrein's old body. Which I think is a good fit.
I modded his lips a little and gave him a quick face up. And then trimmed his hair down some because it was too long for his significantly smaller head. I also modded his lips some but I think I'll work on that more another time. They're still not exactly where I want them to be, but they'll do for now. The lower lip was a bit too full and the upper lip sticks out a bit too much. He also needs smaller eyes (like the ones that go in the sockets) but I'll worry about that when I have more funds.
This all actually worked out great in the end though as now I can sell Iyrilaeth's head and Matthew's old body.
This entry seems kinda naked without a couple pictures and I have talked a lot about heads and such.. let me go get a picture of Matthew's new head so we can do a before and after.

Before (left) and After (right). 

Also, after um.. 9 zillion years I finished my mods on Id's head. I don't think I posted about this. I know I didn't post pictures. He was a sleeping head when I got him and I decided I wanted him to have open eyes, but I kind of stopped partway through and decided that was good enough. I was really new to modding and didn't know exactly where I was planning to go with it.
But armed with a definite vision, I decided to finish the job. It involved carving in eyelids and obviously cutting out the rest of the eye shape. And reshaping the eyewells because they were meant to hold eyes in a completely different position, if at all.
Here is a picture of Id now:

No comments:

Post a Comment