Monday, July 2, 2012

costuming

I wanted to get something relatively productive done today and I decided that it was about time I gave Theorin's outfit a try. (If I can get his done then I'll know I am at least capable of making Scileraen's since they dress somewhat similarly)

So I set about spray painting pieces of jewelry so they'd be appropriately gold (because most discount jewelry I find is silver). And I also got out my bags of leather scraps and tried to find ones in the appropriate colors for outfit parts. I still need a belt, a proper pair of pants, and some shoes, but for now I'm pleased with progress.

 If it wasn't so late I'd try to get pictures in natural lighting, but for now we will have to survive with my poorly lit room.Everything except the pants is made or modified by me. The cape is intentionally somewhat asymmetrical, but I think I might have overdone it a bit. I'll see how I feel in the morning.

Edited to add: Rather than just go to sleep and cease productivity I ended up fiddling with Esyrlon's head ornamentation while chatting with Soren.

I originally had it all symmetrical, but since his hair isn't parted evenly I felt like it looked weird so I just made it unbalanced the way his hair is to some degree. I tried doing it with wire but it was proving to be a bit difficult so I just disassembled leftover pieces from the necklace that had the spikes on Theorin's outfit (above) and modified some earrings and added a fancy button. XD

Detail view of one of the sides of this thing:

No comments:

Post a Comment