Friday, July 20, 2012

making eyelashes and such

I looked for orange eyelashes for Avelarion (because I thought it would be neat to have something like that for him, what with all the crazy feathers on his head and outfit). But I couldn't find anything that was quite right.

So I bought a feather and decided to make custom lashes for him. This was more challenging than anticipated so they didn't turn out as well as I'd imagined them in my head (probably would have had better luck with tweezers instead of just placing things with my hands).

Here is his head with feather lashes. I didn't do them all the way across--just near the ends. Ignore the tube of paint in the foreground. It's late and I wanted the colors to come out accurately so I shoved that in there to get my camera to stop turning his whole face orange.

And I sculpted custom hands for him ages ago and cast them in resin, but I didn't do a very good job of making holes for bubbles to escape the molds, so there were a lot of bubble marks in the resin that I finally decided to fill in with epoxy. Tomorrow I"ll probably sand everything smooth and then airbrush it and then he'll finally have proper hands and be pretty much complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment