Saturday, July 21, 2012

pants and jewelry

Today I made Malesar some pants and a necklace dealy. Elaria has this necklace dealy that's um... got these hanging doodads in various lengths. And since Esyrlon and Theorin have somewhat matching neck gear, I thought it might be nice if Malesar's somewhat matched Elaria's.

I initially just had the dangly doodads around his neck, but it just didn't look as interesting as I wanted it to. (His dangly doodads are just plain metal, whereas Elaria's have little red gem dealies to spice them up). So I disassembled two other jewelry items to create a slightly more elaborate necklace with the dangly doodads.

My descriptive skills are lacking, but here is a picture.

And a picture to show that he is indeed wearing pants. I don't know what I want to dress him in yet so I just followed a really quick and easy tutorial for making pants with an elastic waistband. So now he has some pants so he doesn't have to run around naked.

In natural lighting the difference in parts from my dye job is more apparent. In my room it's hardly noticeable. It doesn't bother me. The arms match the head better than the torso, but I like the torso color better. XD So... I have no regrets on that front.

As usual, still slightly waffling on my character choice. In an ideal world my Malesar would be grey, and while I've pointed out the problems with this actually coming to pass, I'm not sure if I want to settle. So I am pondering a bit about what other character this guy could potentially be if I decide to hold out for my ideal Malesar.

No comments:

Post a Comment