Monday, July 16, 2012

{inspiration} eye mods

These still need a lot of work, but that will have to wait until they are dry. After seeing Selly's Zaoll girl, I decided I really liked the way the default sculpt is as far as the eye size. Statik came to me partially modded from a sleeping face plate and I couldn't get a feel for the eye size just from online pictures, so his eye opening job was kind of guess work.

I did find the big eyes really cute but they  made him look a bit odd next to a character he spends a lot of time around who has tiiiiny little eyes. So I decided to mod Statik's eyes smaller and got the idea to try tinting the epoxy for once (something I have never done before).

So I did that and I feel like I got the color pretty close. I had a wee bit extra so I gave him tiny elf ears. Something I never considered doing before but that is technically part of his character.


A couple pictures of the eye mods and ears. I spent a disturbingly long time trying to sculpt these but they still will probably end up needing a lot of work either with sanding or more additive sculpting, because the left eye has way more raised eyelid action going on than the right.

Tried to imitate the shape I was going for before but just make it smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment