Monday, July 30, 2012

face ups after dyeing: a learning experience

Today I came home from an outing and gave Shino and Esky face ups. Sadly, this only highlighted the uneven areas in the dye job and they now look like they've been in an action movie with lots of explosions (which, of course, neither of them would look at).

Next time I do this I will use the airbrush to even out the color first, but for now I am too tired to worry about that. And if I ignore the color inconsistencies I'm pretty happy with them overall. Esky looks a bit more yellow than tan in some lights (possibly because the lighting in my room is super yellow anyway) but he and Shino look much more like the way I imagine them in my head.

 A shot of Esky (the best one I was able to get, sadly. And it's hard to tell he's any darker than he was before).

 And a couple shots of Shino. I tried natural lighting for both of them, but the weird coloration was showing up too well out there. It might not have photographed as well, but it bugged me so I took them back to my room where I don't notice it as much.

Crappiest photos ever, but I do not care at this moment.And in the future if anyone gets dyed, I will not be using straight up tan. Perhaps at some point I will re-dye Esky so he's less yellowy, but again... too lazy at this moment. I'll give it more time to see if it grows on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment