Tuesday, July 17, 2012

headgear

Damon has been bugging me about posting pictures of Batu's in-progress headgear, so even though I'm not entirely happy with it, here are some pics.

I probably should have done a mock up in cheaper fabrics first, but oh well.. live and learn. At least it was only doll-sized so I still have plenty left. The main issue is that it doesn't drape very well. If I do this again I will probably use lightweight fabrics with patterns printed on instead of actually sewn into them.

I had NO idea how to construct this thing and Phobs' most recent comic with them seems to have it working differently than I thought it did, but that was posted on DA yesterday and I'd already started work on this the day before. XD

2 comments:

  1. The hat is looking really really nice! With the face and it I totally see Batu 100%. It's going good Monty! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, kind bugling. I appreciate it! :D

      Delete