Wednesday, July 4, 2012

narrowing down the number of face ups not done by me

When I got Defliel (a Souldoll Killian) he came to me with one of the default face ups. It was the pseudo Captain Jack Sparrow one, with the facial hair and such. Anyway, I wasn't feeling up to completely redoing it, so I just removed the eyebrows and facial hair and fixed up what I'd messed up on the lips and stuff. I didn't really do a good job of melding the new eyebrows with the pre-blushed area around the eyes, which always bugged me a bit, but not enough to do anything about it.

Until tonight!

I decided to completely wipe Defliel and re-do his face from scratch. This took about 90 years of alcohol bathing because there were a ton of layers of MSC or whatever.

Before (left) and after (right). At first I wasn't sure if I liked the new one, but I think it's possibly growing on me.

Now Elaria is the only one of my dolls that has a face up not done by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment